Devices Terms and Conditions
Our Devices Terms and Conditions.
1. SCOPE AND DEFINITIONS
(a)These terms and conditions (hereafter “Terms”) apply to all warranty requests by Mobile Broadband Limited (hereafter “Vodafone”) which we offer on our homepage. (b) These Terms apply to any purchaser and owner (hereafter “Customer”) of Vodafone devices seeking for receiving warranty services (hereafter “Services”), irrespective of whether you are a consumer, entrepreneur or businessman. (c) These Terms shall apply exclusively. Differing or contrary terms shall not apply except if expressly agreed upon in writing. (d) Services under these terms are available only to customers who have reached the age of majority. We explicitly reserve the right, not to perform our services in all countries.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Devices purchased from our Vodafone retail stores or outlets shall be subject to the warranty period provided by the manufacturers of the devices or otherwise referred to as the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). However, for the avoidance of doubt Vodafone does not warrantee the replacement or repair of the device if it is discovered that the customer is responsible for the damage that has occurred to the device.
The status of the device shall be established through a diagnosis process that shall be carried out at the Vodafone retails stores or outlets and by contacting any of our customer service champions on the numbers 717 which is toll free on MTN and ZAMTEL /718 for Corporate Customers or 211 378 555 on AIRTEL.
3. HOW IS MY WARRANTY VOIDED?
Your warranty will be voided if your device is damaged. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Physical damage and/or misuse or abuse, liquid damage, repairs and/or product modifications and alterations that have been executed by unauthorised third parties.
2. Abuse, accident, misuse, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, or dampness;
3. External causes such as from collision, fire, flooding, sand, dirt, windstorm, lightning, or earthquake.
4. Exposure to extreme weather conditions, Acts of God, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
5. Computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses.
Use of non-compatible device products not recommended for use with the Device.
6. Normal wear and tear of the equipment.
7. Usage of Product other than its normal and customary manner.
8. Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration of Product: i.e. software
9. Consumable parts such as batteries.
10. Spillage of food or liquid, corrosion, rust or incorrect voltage.
11. Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking ‘decorative’ images on the device can void the warranty if such attachments impact the interior mechanics of the device. Such attachments can also influence the strength of your network connectivity on the device.
12. The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on your device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of your device doesn’t comply with the proof of purchase.
13. Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or if you use products or accessories that aren’t compatible with your device – such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.
14. Vodafone Repairs acts in accordance with the manufacturer warranty. Therefore, you must make sure that you comply with the warranty requirements as they are outlined in your device manual/warranty card and or upon purchase of device at any of our retail stores or outlets.
4. OUT OF BOX FAILURE (OBF) VERIFICATION
Physical damage – all devices
There must be no physical damage on the product or its accessories, or any signs of neglect due to: physical abuse, liquid damage, screen scratches, dents or marks.
Please Note: Physical damage (including seemingly trivial surface scratches, marks, etc.) could result in an OBF claim being rejected. In the event that you experience a problem with your new device, you are encouraged to return it to the outlet you purchased the device from as soon as possible to reduce the risk of an OBF rejection due to physical damage.
OBF terms and conditions:
i. Items must be returned within 7 (seven) calendar days from the date of purchase that is printed on the official invoice (proof of purchase).
ii. The original invoice (proof of purchase) as received at the point of sale must be supplied.
iii. All devices must be assessed by a Vodafone Repairs technician for any faults reported by the client before being exchanged. This assessment may take up to 7 (seven) calendar days. (Timeframe may be influenced by location, courier delays and/or public holidays). In the event that Vodafone is unable to complete the repairs of the device, the device shall be sent to the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for further repairs, this shall attract an extra 7 days for the assessment period.
iv. Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues (incorrect version of software) and that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade are not considered OBF at this stage in the OBF resolution process.
– A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
– Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault, and the device renders faulty within 7 (seven) days of the software upgrade and/or still within a 14 (fourteen) calendar day period from date of purchase/delivery, the device will be approved as an OBF. The consumer should retain their proof of receipt of the device when the device is issued back to them after the software upgrade, as this is the date that will be applied in terms of the additional 7 (seven) day window.
– The maximum of 14 (fourteen) calendar days OBF rejection with a software version update is therefore calculated in accordance with the time that the device is in the consumer’s possession. Thus, providing a reasonable window to determine fault.
terms that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model.
v. The original contents of the ‘box’, (device, original battery, original charger, original antenna, manual and any other accessories) must be complete and the packaging intact/in a good condition.
vii. The IMEI number on the box must match the IMEI number on the device.
viii. The physical condition of the device applies – as outlined above.
Vodafone makes no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, by fact or law, other than those expressly set forth in this agreement in the event that a customer returns a faulty device after the warranty period provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturers(OEMs).